Thursday, May 28, 2009

On-Line Dating E-Mail Etiquette: Lesson 1


As you are having your first communications with your romantic interest over the internet, bear in mind the first impressions your emails may convey. Sending her some esoteric rant will read like nonsensical twaddle, and make you look like an ass.

One of my readers contacted me with this beauty of a fuck-up that was emailed to her by a potential suitor. Please refrain from sending an email that reads like the following in the early stages of communication.
______________________________________________________________

"My goal is not to deceive or to pretend in any way. But to further educate you in my knowledge of what I am talking about, to show you rather then tell you sappy stories of infidelities or half truths. I can't complain about anything that has happened, that has been of my causing, but can only move forward and hope that I will only learn and stray away for mistakes in the past. Often times we either find ourselves saying things that we wished we shouldn't, or not saying things and wished that we had. There is plenty of time for passion, but not without a great understanding of ones position on one another and how well they know that individual. A Bond if you will if affection, knowledge,awareness,a greater understanding of where and what you have been through, and an eternal friendship that far surpasses anything that you could ever
imagine, and then only then can you begin to talk about passion or deep discussions bc you know how deeply the other person feels for what he or she is defending. No reply is necessary only if you feel the need to which I would hope that you would, but in the instant that you decide not to I hope that you will find what I am talking about and never look back because you cant change the past, but only change the outcome of your future. "

2 comments:

NobodyofValue said...

Mwuhahahaha! Look at his hair!!!!! According AXE deodorant, 87% of women think spikey hair is unattractive...wait...why am i talking about commercials.

Sandi said...

WTF did he say? I can't even understand him.