Thursday, July 30, 2009

What Not To Post On Your On-Line Dating Profile: Lesson 7

Do not try too hard to be funny and cute in your main profile picture. It never works. Look at this guy : a Merman. Seriously?

If I saw his fishtailed butt swimming anywhere near my ship I’d harpoon his ass.

I readily admit that I am one of those ladies who is looking for a guy with a good sense of humor, and dating someone who can be a bit goofy is a lot fun. However, whenever a guy is trying too hard to be funny, it’s just awkward for me.

Putting this photo as your main profile picture screams “Attention Whore” as well. This guy will do anything for attention and these types of people are scary, as they have no dignity or shame.

Post a normal picture of yourself and show us how funny you are by making a good joke in your profile introduction. Leave the dodgy photo shopping of yourself as mythological creatures – especially those that are associated with being girly – the hell alone.

Unless you really are a super lame attention whore – if that’s the case, thank you for letting me know upfront instead of 3 dates in what a freak you are.

1 comment:

WhiteSockGirl aka The Fabulous Bitch said...

Found your blog through La Belle Mere! What a find...

That picture cracked me up!